One of my favorite traditions around Christmas time is visiting the Festival of Trees. This year, once again, we got to see all the fun and creative decor at the expo center. I am always amazed at the creativity of so many people!
This year I was especially excited because I had the opportunity to decorate a tree for Utah Valley's Charity Trees in Provo. The concept is similar to that of Festival of Trees just on a much smaller scale. All proceeds of the Charity Tree event went to Utah Valley United Way. Nu Skin sponsored the event and I was in charge of our donated tree. We decided to create an 'African tree' to celebrate Nu Skin's Nourish the Children initiative which surpassed 200 million meals donated to children in need.
To take action against childhood hunger, Nu Skin developed its Nourish the Children initiative. Nu Skin manufactures and sells a highly nutritious food—VitaMeal— and allows distributors and customers to donate their purchase to charitable organizations that specialize in distributing food to alleviate famine and poverty.
The ribbon displayed on the tree had names of specific schools and community centers in Malawi where VitaMeal has and continues to be served.
We also displayed photos of children who have received VitaMeal through Nu Skin's NTC program.
It was fun putting together this idea, finding all the ornaments and knowing that all the work went to a great cause! I love this time of year!
Merry Christmas!

3 comments:
What a great event! The tree is beautiful.
Wow Burgs, it looks great! You are so crafty it kills me!!
Ah-MAZE-ING!!!
Post a Comment