Trevor had me convinced we were going to his cabin to spend the weekend with his family. I packed up my stuff and got in the car, fully expecting to see the Heiner family in a little over an hour. As we drove up to the cabin, through the freshly fallen snow, I noticed an empty driveway. I absent mindedly looked over at Trevor and said, "Are you sure we are at the right cabin?" We got out of the car and I heard our song, "The Greatest Story Ever Told," playing throughout the cabin. Amazed at the coincidence, I excitedly said to Trevor "Listen to what song is playing!" As we walked to the door, it finally dawned on me what was happening when I saw this sign "The Greatest Love Story..."
When I opened the door, the cabin was lit with candles and rose petals placed in a path throughout the entire place. It was gorgeous!
As we followed the trail, it led to different places in the cabin where he had placed a journal entry of what he had written throughout our relationship starting in 2003--before we even started dating! He read entries from things like our first date, first kiss, dances we attended together and other important steps in our relationship. 

The path led me outside onto the porch where he read the last of 11 journal entries. The last entry he read was November 7th, as he described nervously waking up that morning knowing he was about to make 'his dreams come true..'
It was perfect and so of course I said YES!
We then enjoyed a wonderful dinner at a beautiful table set up the way I want my wedding to look! We had salad, roast, baked potatoes and yummy chocolate cake.
After eating dinner, we met our parents in Centerville for dessert and, of course, to tell the story. It was the perfect ending of a perfect day, with the perfect engagement, the perfect ring, the perfect guy and truly the beginning of the greatest story ever told!

10 comments:
Awesome blog Burgs. You guys are so cute. Too bad he's not as great as me, but you can settle for second best.
Congrats! We are so excited for the two of you! We can't wait to see you in February. We love you!
Love,
DeAnne, Jocelyn & Kal
Let me add my . . . wait a minute while I blow my nose and wipe my eyes . . .OK, let me add my heartfelt congratulations!! I was hoping to hear this soon. I wish you both the best!
Big, huge congrats, guys. Trevor- you're the man. What an awesome, sweet, forever-memorable proposal :)
What an awesome story. Congrats to you both!
congrats again to you two. way to be.
Burgs! What a beautiful and special way to propose! Congratulations!
P.S. It totally through me off when I saw the link "Trevor and Burgundy" on Tara's page. I was thinking... "Did I miss the wedding or something?!?" Way cute blog. Thanks for sharing!
Oh my oh my . . . I love you guys! Congrats again, a hundred times over!
This is the sweetest engagement story. Congratulations! Good luck with the wedding plans. I can't wait to see pictures.
Hey!! Congrats!I am excited you have a blog!
Post a Comment