After a long trip to the Midwest we made it to Chicago!
We went from this...
to this!
Thanks to all the help we got from family, friends and ward members!
Here we are saying goodbye to our first home as a married couple :'( It is crazy to think we were here for 2 1/2 years.
Trevor drove this massive truck for more than 23 hours! We counted 64 Penske trucks along our journey that were making a similar trip :)
All of our stuff officially packed in the back of the moving truck
We stopped at several places along the way to make sure the drive wasn't too long and overwhelming. One of our favorite stops was in Omaha, Nebraska where we got to visit the Winter Quarters Temple.

The temple was beautiful
They had a memorial graveyard there for those pioneers who had passed away and a visitor center which included additional information about Winter Quarters and the pioneers' journey West.



The visitor center also included a special exhibit with bronze statues of Christ.

After three days of traveling we made it to our final destination! We had some fun adventures along the way including a large hail storm in the middle of Wyoming and a couple of stops at different places along the way.

Now time to explore Chicago...


3 comments:
I'm so excited for you guys! I'm glad to see you made it to Chicago safely!! Now just hurry and get settled in before that sweet girl comes along :)
Glad you had fun and had a safe trip! Can't wait to hear all about your new home :) I'll call ya soon!
I'm so glad you got there safely. We miss you guys so much already. I hope it's not too hot for you there!!! How are you feeling? Love you guys so much.
Post a Comment