Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Cruising the Caribbean!


As a belated honeymoon/1 year anniversary celebration, Trevor and I decided to go on a cruise! We chose to do a smaller honeymoon, save our money, and plan a big trip. We had a blast! We visited several islands in Eastern Caribbean and enjoyed the warm weather and fun times. Here is an overview of our vacation....


Sitting in the Salt Lake City airport ready to board our plane



We spent a full day in Ft. Lauderdale after flying through the night and found a county park nearby


First day on the boat

A look at our cruise ship--the Emerald Princess

Our first stop was to Princess Cays, the cruise line's privately owned island. We took a ferry boat to the shore.

Here are some shots of the beautiful island



Mini golf tournament on top of the boat!


Formal Night


We enjoyed watching the shows each night--very entertaining!


Our next stop was St. Maarten. We decided to take a power rafting trip around the island where we saw the scenery, stopped to swim and snorkel and got to see both the Dutch and French sides of the island.






We saw some amazing sunsets throughout the week!

We also enjoyed all the Cruise activities

St. Thomas was beautiful. We took a land tour around the island that stopped at several look out points where we could see some amazing views.



We took a skyride up to 'Paradise Point' to the top of the island.


Formal Night


We enjoyed the fine dining and tasted some amazing food. Here is a shot of our lobster tails :)

Our final stop was Grand Turk


We took a shore excursion across the island to do glass bottom kayaking.
We got to watch fish and other ocean life below us as we kayaked around the bay.



This is a real jellyfish that I am holding!! YIKES!!

We also took a hike around the area as the sun was going down....

Can you see the flamingos?

The beautiful beach ... and.... our beautiful feet :)

As well as the amazing sunset



Some more productions and shows


Dining on our last night!

This was one of our favorite parts of the ship. They had a big screen TV that projected movies and football games throughout the week where you could layout under the stars and watch. We enjoyed watching the TCU vs. Boise State game as well as the BCS National Championship. On top of that they had popcorn and ice-cream-- Trevor's favorite!

All in all we had a great time! It was a perfect vacation and the best part of all was being able to spend 24 hours a day 7 days a week with my best friend and companion!

7 comments:

She Loves To Make said...

What an awesome trip! I love all the photos!!!

Brickton, Candice and Baby Boss said...

WOW! Wish the whole family could have gone:) I'm sure you're heartbroken that we all weren't there with you and your sweetheart, huh?

audrey said...

wow looks like you had such a fun trip! and i love the last picture :) you guys are cool. glad you had fun!!

Sara said...

WOW! What a great trip, those pictures are great! Nothing like a romantic trip with your best friend! love it.

Dan and Tara said...

So glad you posted pictures! I was waiting impatiently! :) I am glad you had fun, I love all the differnet places you got to see and things you got to do! I love the hair do! Kylee will be so proud of your bangs! :) Love you!

Clark and Katie said...

Looks like fun! Clark's brother and wife are going to medical school in St. Maarten, they are trying to talk all of us into going to visit them!

kimber said...

Oh MAN that looks like such an awesome trip. I'm so glad you guys went. I love the pictures!! Good luck getting caught back up with real life! Hope Trevor's presentation went well? I love the new look of your blog!!!